needing pictures of the inside bolts holding foils in place and any advice on reinstalling foils

General hydrofoil related questions, comments, tips, etc
Dougieloo@aol.com

needing pictures of the inside bolts holding foils in place and any advice on reinstalling foils

Post by Dougieloo@aol.com » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 pm

fired the company that was handling the total rebuild and repainting project on my 1975 volga 70 they had removed the foils and as soon as my shop gets finished i well continue this project myself sadly i did not take any pictures of how the inside foil nuts were placed any one that has done a removal and replacement of the foils and has any incites, tip or ideas Im all ears if easer to send pictures my E Mail is dougieloo@aol.com
thanks for any and all help
Doug
https://www.volga-hydrofoil.net/phpBB3/ ... iew&id=735
Attachments
IMG_2399.JPG
IMG_2399.JPG (76.16 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

Mark

Re: needing pictures of the inside bolts holding foils in place and any advice on reinstalling foils

Post by Mark » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:12 am

hey
this is about the shape of the rubber bushing used on the inside..
Maybe this helps?
and make sure if you reattach the foils, the foil do not make contact with the hull.
They must be isolated from the hull, due to electrolysis between different metals.

Greetings

Mark
Attachments
marks rubbertje.jpg
Flying low in your hydro
find me on facebook:mark van Rijzen.

Dougieloo@aol.com

Re: needing pictures of the inside bolts holding foils in place and any advice on reinstalling foils

Post by Dougieloo@aol.com » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you Mark
yes its important that the SS foils don't make contact with the Aluminum/ magnesium hull
this picture you sent do you know which side goes out against the hull ???
I think that the rubber bushing fit in a cup like washer [inside hull] but mine are kind of broken off inside the cupped washer [thank you again for the pictures i was unaware they were a bushing and just not a bunch of putty
thinking a might besides using non hardening below water line sekoflex i would use a nylon washer and I do have the centering bushings that come through from the outside centering and protecting the bolt from making contact
Doug
P.S still looking for a good pictures of the foil bolt set up from the inside

and I got all my parts pack in a bucket and there are different length bolts
with out further info my have to do a complete mock up first and disassemble and redo with the sekoflex for the final fit
[/b]

Mark

Post by Mark » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Hey Doug,

the small diameter bolds are for mid aft strut,
The Long one are for aft sides where the aluminium assist foils cover the ss foil.
and yes the rubber is covered by a cup like ring. so rubber/cup/nut/nut
I have 2 bolds, but a Nylock nut will also do the trick.
this is the only photo I could find.
Did you looked at the Russian forums???
Lots of info there ;-)
IMG_5416.jpg
Flying low in your hydro
find me on facebook:mark van Rijzen.

Dougieloo@aol.com

Post by Dougieloo@aol.com » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Thank you Mark yes this was helpful this is the way remember it i think i well get a bunch of nylon washers as the rubber bushings well be hard to find i well leave what rubber is still inside of the bushing caps adding a little seko flex as needed
I'm not familiar with the Russian forms ill investage this lead
thank you
happy foiling
Doug
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2c8d.jpeg